January 29 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£25
Suitable for those providing support and guidance to clients in making changes to their life style, behaviours and relationships, and enabling those changes to succeed.
By the end of the course the delegate’s will –
- Be clear on what motivational interviewing is and is not.
- Understand and have practised appropriate communication skills.
- be able to avoid infantilization and ‘games’.
- Have strategies to maintain confidence and self-esteem in themselves and the client.
- Be able to support the client in implementing and proposed change.
Motivational interviewing, Communication skills, Avoiding infantilization and games, Confidence & self esteem, Supporting and change.