Support and Development
“involve has helped us (BNS) in many ways such as finding funds, register BNS as charity, raising funds and so on. Especially last time on 18th of May – Nepal earthquake relief fund raising event went so well, this event would not have been possible without the help of involve.”
What do we do?
involve supports the voluntary and community sector (VCS) across Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough to grow, thrive and develop. Staff are on hand to offer advice and guidance, as well as signposting, to all Charities and Community Groups that are delivering services within the 2 boroughs. We can help with:
- Start-up advice and support for new groups
- Ongoing support and advice for developing and existing groups
- Guidance on legal obligations and good practice
- Guidance on organisational development
- Constitution support
- Charity registration
- Policy development
- Support for Trustees in their role
- Support for Managers in their role
- Business planning
- Organisational healthchecks
- Help with Strategic Thinking
- Ideas and development
- Contact sharing and link ups
The list goes on!
involve can support with community development, campaigns and engagement activities. We can help promote your organisation, events, training or calls out for members.
We deliver all the above through one to ones, workshops, communication channels and our new model of service: involve VCS Growth Clubs. To have an initial telephone conversation with one of the development workers contact Diane Benford (Bracknell) or Clare Rebbeck (Wokingham).
involve’s experienced Development Staff will offer support and advice and suggest options for you. This may be signposting to one of our Training courses, Workshops, Growth Clubs, arranging a one to one or possibly signposting out to other sources/resources.
involve has helped us (BNS) in many ways such as finding funds, register BNS as charity, raising funds and so on. Especially last time on 18th of May – Nepal earthquake relief fund raising event went so well, this event would not have been possible without the help of involve.Gokarna Rai
What can I do to help?’ This question has always been asked with enthusiasm and a sense of wanting to genuinely help. This is so very encouraging and certainly contributed with our motivation to carry on with our quest!A Bracknell based charity
Here a few quick links to take you forward:
- If you are starting up a charity/community group then start here
- If you want to look through available resources and help then click here
- If you want to see which meetings/forums involve attends to offer the perspective of the VCS then click here
- To join up as a member click here
What are the involve VCS Growth Clubs?
As the world moves faster, gets more competitive and challenging it can be difficult to keep up with demand and identify what the priorities are amongst so many tasks to be performed. We all have long ‘to-do’ lists!
Growth Club is open to anyone volunteering or working in a charity, voluntary, faith or community group which delivers services within Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough. New start-up groups are most welcome.
involve Growth Clubs will coach managers, leaders or trustees through guidance, support, accountability and encouragement and work with staff and volunteers who have a specific project or task to achieve by sharing ideas and guiding through the process.
involve Development workers will work with you to help you focus, identify priorities, set your goals for a given time period and provide the support you need to succeed. We will help you develop long-term and short term goals and strategies and improve your organisations in areas that you might have overlooked!
By coming together in this club setting you will receive peer support as well as have the opportunity to share ideas and network. You can also guide us as to what topics we should be covering to meet your needs.
involve are dedicated in providing the support you and your charity, organisation, faith or community group need in a way that is focused on creating a successful charitable ‘business’.
involve Growth Clubs will meet four times a year and will include external speakers who will talk about specific topics of interest.
Growth Clubs will include:
- The importance of goal setting and how to prioritise
- Reflection and overview of the previous 3 months
- Expert speakers talking about topics relevant to organisations’ ‘need to know’
- An opportunity to set your goals for the quarter ahead and share ideas with others
- Time to tell us what support you need to achieve your goals
VCS Growth Clubs will take place at the Coppid Beech Hotel, John Nike Way, Bracknell RG12 8TF from 9am to 12 midday and will be on the following dates:
• 4 April 2017 – Topic: Data Protection
• 4 July 2017
• 3 October 2017
All this is free to involve members so click one of the dates above to reserve your place and watch your organisation grow!