Trustee Recruitment & Liaison Officer
Reporting to: VCS Development Manager
Location: Office based with occasional travel
Hours: 21 per week
Salary: £22,126 fte Actual: £12,558 pa
Network, understand and train trustees and proactively promote, advertise, recruit, train and place trustees within the local voluntary, community and charitable sector across Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead on all trustee recruitment activity for charities and community groups across Bracknell forest and Wokingham borough
- Network and liaise with charities to understand trustee needs and requirements
- Advertise/ promote and sell the different trustee recruitment packages available to charities and community groups
- Post vacancies on job sites, involve’s website, social media and other suitable platforms to recruit trustees
- Network and liaise with businesses to sign them up to the Trustee Project to find potential trustees
- Conducting interviews and shortlisting candidates for trustee roles
- Matching applicants to trustee roles
- Network and build relationships with existing trustees from other charities and organisations
- Organise/ deliver trustee networking, support, social events as appropriate or required
- Offer support/ guidance to trustees and charities regarding Trustee/ board set up, policy, procedure etc.
- Maintain resources, guides and tools for best practice regarding Trustees and Boards
- Develop and progress the Trustee recruitment service to meet the needs of the VCS
- Market and promote the Trustee service across the local area
- Deliver a programme of Trustee Roles & Responsibilities workshops across the 2 boroughs
- Maintain the position of empowering and motivating groups/individuals alongside safeguarding the future of involve
- Grow and build the reach and brand of involve
- Work with involve’s Development Team to provide a cohesive service that meets the needs of the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- Monitor and track all work including success stories and data on successes
- Positively promote and seize opportunities to enhance and grow the work of involve and where appropriate, represent the organisation externally
- Contribute to the development of the service by advising Management of areas of particular need, new opportunities and local development
- To undertake any other tasks or duties that may reasonably be required in relation to this role
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the General Manager
- To work with other involve staff to ensure appropriate customer care is provided at all times.
Essential experience, qualifications, skills and attributes
You will have:
- Knowledge of the local VCS and local key strategic partners
- Experience of recruiting and training people
- Understanding of the role of a trustee/ trustee board
- Proficient in networking, marketing and promotional activities
- interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- problem-solving and negotiation skills
- initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage/ deliver the funding service
- personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of the needs of disadvantaged individuals and communities
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach to working
- Ability to travel within Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough: access to a car is essential
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and good attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, email and internet
You will be able to:
- Respond flexibly to a constantly changing environment.
- Deal tactfully but assertively with a wide range of people.
- Actively listen and motivate and encourage people.
- Show creativity, common sense and intiative
- Work well under pressure whist managing and prioritising workload.
- Work as part of the team in order to meet the organisations aims and objectives.
- Prepare and present information in an accessible form, both electronically and in writing.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend meetings.
involve is a small, focussed organisation working in an ever-changing environment which means that staff and management have to respond to both internal and external opportunities, sometimes in a short timescale. As a result, the pace of work can be varied. Time flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude are essential as is the ability to find ways and means to undertake work when solutions may not always be initially obvious.
Applicants must apply by submitting an up to date CV and thorough covering letter outlining how you meet the required criteria to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Monday 17th December with interviews being held later in that week.