Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Office based with occasional travel
Hours: 21 per week – pattern TBD
Salary: £22,126 fte (£11.50 p/h) Actual: £12,558 pa
Coordinate, promote, manage and deliver an enhanced Funding/Fundraising Advice service for the voluntary, community and charitable sector across Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain the position of empowering, signposting and motivating groups to enable them to undertake their own ‘fundraising’, alongside offering enhanced services that organisations could pay for if they choose
- Offer mentoring to groups who are looking for funding, giving advice and guidance to assist them with their ideas/ projects
- Deliver Critical friending to charities and groups, reviewing and making suggestions/ recommendations to organisations regarding their bids
- Delivery of regular bid writing/ fundraising workshops in both boroughs
- Research and circulate Funding alerts to subscribers regularly using the pre-set template
- Grow and build the reach of the funding alerts
- Network and liaise with local funders, understanding their criteria and areas of interest
- Facilitate funding events/ surgeries in partnership with funders
- Complete funding searches for groups
- Publish funding searches as appropriate around different themes
- Work with involve’s Development Team to provide a cohesive service that meets the needs of the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- Undertake commissioned bid writing for external organisations as required – to be undertaken outside of core hours
- Establish a network of bid writers able to undertake commissioned bid writing on behalf of involve
- Negotiate and set the subcontracts and agreements for any outsourced work
- Promote and deliver bespoke fundraising strategy/ sustainability 1:1’s with groups
- Undertake bid writing for involve in partnership with the General Manager
- Monitor and track all work including success stories and data on successful bid rates
- Positively promote and seize opportunities to enhance and grow the work of involve and where appropriate, represent the organisation externally
- Contribute to the development of the service by advising Management of areas of particular need, new opportunities and local development
- To undertake any other tasks or duties that may reasonably be required in relation to this role
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the General Manager
- To work with other involve staff to ensure appropriate customer care is provided at all times.
Essential experience, qualifications, skills and attributes
You will have:
- Knowledge of the local VCS and local key strategic partners
- Experience of fundraising/bid writing
- Understanding of funding opportunities nationally and locally
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage/ deliver the funding service
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of the needs of disadvantaged individuals and communities
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach to working
- Ability to travel within Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough: access to a car will be essential
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and good attention to detail and layout.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, email and internet
You will be able to:
- Respond flexibly to a constantly changing environment.
- Deal tactfully but assertively with a wide range of people.
- Actively listen and motivate and encourage people.
- Show creativity, common sense and initiative
- Work well under pressure whilst managing and prioritising workload.
- Work as part of the team in order to meet the organisations aims and objectives.
- Prepare and present information in an accessible form, both electronically and in writing.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend meetings.
involve is a small, focussed organisation working in an ever-changing environment which means that staff and management have to respond to both internal and external opportunities, sometimes in a short timescale. As a result, the pace of work can be varied. Time flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude are essential as is the ability to find ways and means to undertake work when solutions may not always be initially obvious.
Applicants must apply by submitting an up to date CV and thorough covering letter outlining how you meet the required criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 17th December with interviews being held later in that week.