Funding AdvisorDo you have fundraising/ bid writing experience? This could be the role for you...
This particular role is 21 hours a week and would be great for someone with funding/ fundraising experience. Your job will be to co-ordinate, promote, manage and deliver an enhanced Funding/Fundraising Advice service for the voluntary, community and charitable sector across Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough.
- Maintain the position of empowering, signposting and motivating groups to enable them to undertake their own ‘fundraising’, alongside offering enhanced services that organisations could pay for if they choose
- Offer mentoring to groups who are looking for funding, giving advice and guidance to assist them with their ideas/ projects
- Deliver Critical friending to charities and groups, reviewing and making suggestions/ recommendations to organisations regarding their bids
- Delivery of regular bid writing/ fundraising workshops in both boroughs
- Research and circulate Funding alerts to subscribers regularly using the pre-set template
- Grow and build the reach of the funding alerts
- Network and liaise with local funders, understanding their criteria and areas of interest
- Facilitate funding events/ surgeries in partnership with funders
- Complete funding searches for groups
- Publish funding searches as appropriate around different themes
- Work with involve’s Development Team to provide a cohesive service that meets the needs of the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- Undertake commissioned bid writing for external organisations as required – to be undertaken outside of core hours
- Establish a network of bid writers able to undertake commissioned bid writing on behalf of involve
- Negotiate and set the subcontracts and agreements for any outsourced work
- Promote and deliver bespoke fundraising strategy/ sustainability 1:1’s with groups
- Undertake bid writing for involve in partnership with the General Manager
- Monitor and track all work including success stories and data on successful bid rates
- Positively promote and seize opportunities to enhance and grow the work of involve and where appropriate, represent the organisation externally
- Contribute to the development of the service by advising Management of areas of particular need, new opportunities and local development
- To undertake any other tasks or duties that may reasonably be required in relation to this role
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the General Manager
- To work with other involve staff to ensure appropriate customer care is provided at all times.
Essential Experience, Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
You will have:
- Knowledge of the local VCS and local key strategic partners
- Experience of fundraising/bid writing
- Understanding of funding opportunities nationally and locally
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage/ deliver the funding service
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of the needs of disadvantaged individuals and communities
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach to working
- Ability to travel within Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough: access to a car will be essential
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and good attention to detail and layout.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, email and internet
You will be able to:
- Respond flexibly to a constantly changing environment.
- Deal tactfully but assertively with a wide range of people.
- Actively listen and motivate and encourage people.
- Show creativity, common sense and initiative
- Work well under pressure whist managing and prioritising workload.
- Work as part of the team in order to meet the organisations aims and objectives.
- Prepare and present information in an accessible form, both electronically and in writing.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend meetings.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard and promote the good name and values of the organisation in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance to society.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds
- Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Interviewing, appointing and monitoring the work and activities of any senior paid staff.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on charity cheques and any applications for funds.
- To maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of trustee’s responsibilities to the charity.
involve is a small, focussed organisation working in an ever-changing environment which means that staff and management have to respond to both internal and external opportunities, sometimes in a short timescale. As a result, the pace of work can be varied. Time flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude are essential as is the ability to find ways and means to undertake work when solutions may not always be initially obvious.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £12,558.00 /year
Your CV and a covering letter can be posted to:
General Manager, Philip
involve Community Services
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 26th October 2018.