People’s Health Trust Local Funding Opportunity
Did you know…?
The poorer you are, the more likely you are to die younger
The poorest people are likely to die 7 years earlier than the majority of the population
They are likely to experience additional disabilities for 20 years more than the majority of the population
Are you looking for funding for a new project that has a direct benefit in areas of social and economic disadvantage in very specific parts of Bracknell and Wokingham?
Once again this year involve Community Services are working with The Peoples Health Trust to find five organisations who are looking for funding with their projects.
Funding of between £5,000 and £25,000 will be made available to the successful candidates who have projects that last between 12 months and 2 years.
Ideas for projects could be:
– A group for local older and younger people to get together in a local area and do activities together (e.g. craft, technology, history)
– A group for adults to learn English and enterprise skills
– A local magazine written by and for the benefit of disabled people, giving information and calling for action on matters affecting disabled people locally
– A community cafe created and run by single parents as a space to meet, seek support and socialise
– A peer support group for families with disabled children
– A tenant’s action group for people living on an estate
So if your organisation…
- Operates within Bracknell and Wokingham
- Is looking for funding for a new project
- Is over three months old
- Has as Income of less than £350,000 per year
- Has unrestricted reserves of less than six months
…Then click here to get in touch with Martin Starkey of involve Community Services and we can work with you to get your application started. Time is very limited and all first round applications must be in by 6th September and we can only take five of you on the journey with us so don’t delay and get in touch today.