involve’s COVID-19 Community Response
involve’s COVID-19 Community Response
April 2020 Update: Please see the new pages of resources on our website: involve.community/COVID-19
As the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic heightens, we and other voluntary sector organisations are taking various precautions to help across the community. Because of this, all of our events from March 2020 will cancelled/delayed until further notice. We are currently working on a system to move training courses and meetings etc online, so voluntary sector workers can still receive the appropriate support from us at home. Please keep yourself updated on this situation by signing up to receive our newsletters, where we will be sharing the latest news and information about the recent changes that will be going on across the third sector and amongst the community. While many people are working from home in order to self-isolate, including many of our staff, much support is still needed in order to ensure work across our sector and communities can continue as much as possible during these difficult times. Because of this, we are asking for as many people as possible to sign up to join our group of community response volunteers, who can help us assist those who are most vulnerable during this outbreak. Interested in helping in your community? Want more information and advice about social distancing and/or isolating? Need continuing support for your charity during this difficult time? Keep reading for more useful information…
- Currently we are helping to coordinate some of the community response volunteers. We are matching volunteers with needy and/or vulnerable people in the community to help them with recurring tasks such as collecting medication or groceries. Please contact our Volunteer Services Manager, Diane, via 01344 383 513 or email@example.com if you are either in need of this support service, or would like to volunteer regularly.
- Our Wokingham Borough Community Navigation Scheme is still running via Facebook, phone and email in order to provide non-medical support to local people in order to find them appropriate services or activities etc, in order to help improve and maintain people’s health and wellbeing. Contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Liz on 01344 383 511 or Hannah on 01344 383 526.
- We understand that the current pandemic will slow down and even stop many services offered by charities, which will have a great impact on finances across the sector. If you are in need of funding support and advice for your organisation, you can contact our Funding Advisor, Jackie Leslie, via 01344 383523 or email@example.com.
- Our inTRUSTed Service is still being run, with our Trustee Recruitment and Liaison Officer working on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout April. We have created a guide to remote trustee meetings and interviewing via video link that can be distributed and shared with Boards, Committee, trustees, etc. We are still phone-interviewing trustee applicants and can offer video-conferencing/interviews with potential clients who need our support. You can contact Mike Allen on 01344 383 519 or email inTRUSTed@involve.community.
- We are currently working on testing an online conference service which we hope will allow us to continue offering training online to charity sector staff and volunteers via video calls. If you are interested in receiving training in this manner, please contact our Training Coordinator, Claire Page, on 01344 383 524 or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to see what we can offer you and/or your team.
- We can also still offer your charity or community group help and support over the phone and via email with regards to other aspects of development such as governance advice, setting goals, partnerships etc. Contact us via 01344 304 404 or email us at email@example.com if your charity is in need of extra support during this difficult time.
- We are still sending out our weekly newsletters to Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough, so be sure to sign up to receive the latest charity sector/COVID-19 news: involve.community/newsletters
How can I help in my community?
- Let us know if you can help, sign-up as a COVID-19 Community Response Volunteer.
- While many regular volunteering opportunities and events may be cancelled or delayed due to this pandemic, there are still many other ways you can help charities in need. Visit bracknellforestgetinvolved.org.uk to find opportunities and organisations in need of volunteers during this difficult time.
- Eden Project Communities have joined forces with leaders from different sectors to launch the Community Action Response to encourage everyone to do what they can to support their communities.
- As Coronavirus spreads across the UK, it will be harder for people to maintain their social connections. Campaign to End Loneliness have set up a page to help those who might be self-isolating, to not be so isolated during these difficult times.
Support & Advice
- NCVO – guidance for charities
- ACAS – guidance for employers and employees
- Zurich organisational resilience guidance on pandemic planning
- First Days – emergency help for families (referrals by professionals only)
- Citizens Advice – what the coronavirus pandemic means for you
- Institute of Directors – government support for the self-employed
- NSPCC – how to have difficult conversations with children
- Mental Health Foundation – Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Sport England – How to stay active while you’re at home
Please stay tuned to our newsletters/mailing lists as well as social media and our website(s) in order to get the latest news and information about COVID-19 and how it is affecting and changing things for the voluntary and community sector in Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough. Stay safe everyone!