Variety Youth Club Programme
Of interest to Organisations dealing with Young People, Youth Clubs, Equipment
The Variety Youth Club Programme helps young people to engage with others and achieve their goals.
They fund equipment for youth organisations which are affiliated to either Ambition, UKYouth or Association of Boys and Girls Clubs.
Applications are intended to be for items of equipment. However, on occasion, applications for improvement of youth club premises, existing equipment or facilities will also be considered.
They expect the youth club to help raise some of the funds. This is to show its members’ commitment and to increase their sense of ownership. Then they fund the balance.
They will consider funding for:
- Applications for items of equipment; however, on occasion, applications for improvement of youth club premises, equipment or facilities will also be considered.
- Applications which benefit young people from 8 up to and including the age of 18 years, who are resident within the UK.
- Applications which have sustainability beyond one year.
- Applications which demonstrate involvement from young people in raising some of the funds required for the equipment requested.
They will not consider funding for:
- Applications for revenue costs, e.g. running costs such as administrative/salaries, hire costs, travel etc.
- Applications which mainly benefit youth workers such as office equipment etc.
- Applications from organisations that are not affiliated to a National Youth Organisation.
- Applications from uniformed organisations.
Allocation will very much depend on how many eligible applications they receive and the funds available to the Youth Clubs Committee at any one time. Currently, the average grant is between £250 and £600.
There is no deadline; they welcome applications submitted at any time of the year.