Santander Discovery Grants
Of interest to organisations dealing wit nowledge, Skills, Innovation, Self-Confidence
The Santander Foundation provides grants to support knowledge, skills and innovation to give disadvantaged people the confidence to discover and create a new world of opportunities.
UK Registered Charities, Community Interest Companies and Credit Unions
Grants are for UK registered charities, Community Interest Companies and credit unions with at least one year’s accounts. Applications can be made by customers, organisations and Santander staff at any time.
Discovery Grants of are available to fund small, local projects helping disadvantaged people.
The aim of The Discovery Project is to help disadvantaged people have the confidence to make the most of their future. In this fast-paced world we know some find it hard to navigate the change and we want to help everyone have equal access to the best society has to offer.
They aim to help as many organisations as possible so they don’t offer grants for longer than one year.
Funding is available:
- for small loca rojects and lasts for up to 12 months
- for complete projects, they don’t make contributions or part funding
- to cover part-time salaries, equipment or materials but they must be specific to your project
Unfortunately there are some things that they can’t fund:
- Individuals – including trips, overseas volunteering, GAP year activity, medical treatment, or grants for studying or research
- Multiyear funding
- Fundraising activities
- Unregistered charities, not-for-profit groups, Community Amateur Sports Clubs, exempt or excepted charities
- Other funders and grant makers
- Organisations which restrict their beneficiaries to a single religious or single ethnic group
- Events, conferences or sponsorship
- Shortfall funding
- Political party activity
- Beneficiaries outside the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- Start ups – organisations must have at least one full year of accounts registered on the relevant commission site
Up to £5,000
There is no deadline.