Power to Change Community Business Fund
Of interest to Organisations dealing with Community Businesses
Power to Change awards grants to help new and existing community businesses grow and become more sustainable.
Find out if you are eligible on the Am I suitable for funding? pages.
They have two main grant programmes:
- The £1.85 million Community Business Bright Ideas Fund is aimed at community groups who have a community business idea but need help turning it into reality.
- The £10 million Community Business Fund is aimed existing community businesses that need funding for a business development project to make their organisation more sustainable.
The £1.85 million Community Business Bright Ideas Fund will offer around 80 community groups, who work in England, with up to 15 days of tailored support and grants of up to £20,000 to develop their budding community business ideas.
The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund aims to give your community group the support and tools to start setting up your community business. It will also give your group the early stage finance that you need need to carry out consultation with local people and feasibility studies to develop a community business idea the community wants and needs.
What the Bright Ideas Fund offers
- Online induction and ongoing support, either online, by phone or where possible through visits
- Community Business development plans, to help successful groups shape and develop strategies and plans for their community business
- Mentoring and visits, to inspire applicants and give them the opportunity to learn from peers
- Regional networking and events, to learn from social finance experts, successful community business leaders, funders and technical specialists.
Apply on the MyCommunity website.
Register to watch the recording of the Bright Ideas Fund FAQs webinar to find more about the fund criteria, application process and FAQs.
Bright Ideas Fund: A programme of support and grants of up to £20,000 is available to develop your community business idea.
Through the Community Business Fund, they will award grants between £50,000 – £300,000 to community businesses in England.
The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund is now open until 30 November at 12pm. There will be additional funding rounds in February and September 2017 and February 2018.
The third window for applications for their £10 million Community Business Fund is now open until 16 December 2016.
Key dates for Bright Ideas Fund:
- 30 November: First window closes
- February 2017: Second window opens
- September 2017: Third window opens
- February 2018: Fourth window opens