Barchester’s Charitable Foundation
Of interest to organisations dealing wit lder People, Adults with Disability
Barchester’s Charitable Foundation helps older people and other adults with a disability. This year their focus is about connecting or re-connecting people with others in their local community. Applications that combat loneliness and enable people to be active and engaged will receive their highest priority in 2016.
They help individuals, small community groups and small local charities.
They favour applications that help improve people’s mobility, independence and quality of life. They give grants to help reduce isolation and loneliness, promote group activities and generally improve people’s independence, mobility and quality of life. They aim to give grants that will help people lead more fulfilled lives and reach their full potential.
This year their focus is about connecting or re-connecting people with others in their local community. Applications that combat loneliness and enable people to be active and engaged will receive their highest priority in 2016.
They will fund:
- Older people 65+
- Adults (18+) with a physical disability
- Adults (18+) with a mental disability
Grants will not be made to community groups and small charities for:
- Core/ running costs or salaries or financial support to general projects
- Indirect services such as help lines, newsletters, leaflets or research
- Major building projects or large capital projects
- Training of staff and volunteers
Grants will not normally be made to named individuals for:
- Services for which the health and social care authorities have a statutory responsibility (e.g. medical and dental treatment)
- Services offered in a care home operated by Barchester Healthcare or by any other company (e.g. adequate seating)
- Home improvements and property repairs not related to disability or medical condition
- Basic household items such as white goods, furniture and carpeting not related to disability or medical condition
- Daily living costs (e.g. rent, utility bills, clothing) or repayment of debts
Their grants range from £100 up to £5,000.
No deadline. Ongoing. Applications are processed in about 10 weeks.