The ASDA Foundation
Of interest to organisations dealing with Local Communities
The ASDA Foundation is committed to developing stronger, better connected, sustainable communities across the UK. Their Significant Local Community Projects programme allows colleagues to nominate initiatives which will make a real long term difference, benefitting the wider community with our vision to ‘Transform Communities, improving lives locally.
Complete the eligibility checker at: https://www.asdafoundation.org/eligibility-checker
Significant Local Community Projects
The Asda Foundation wants to have a strong reputation for managing, co-ordinating and delivering programmes which really make a significant difference to local communities and the people who live there.
• identified opportunities, initiatives and new ways to support local communities;
• charity/good cause has developed a relationships with local the local store or home office at a grassroots level
• Tackling the underlying problems in your local community
• can apply evidence from programmes of community needs and aspirations to develop their existing model;
• Benefits the wider community and is not just supporting a single user group
• There is a need for this facility locally
• Will make a real long term difference
• Would Transform your community, improving the lives of those who live there
• Complete the eligibility checker if this fits the Foundations guidelines and criteria contact your local store, depot or home office – Community Champion to see if this is something they would like to work on with you and support locally.
• You may fit the Foundations guidelines and criteria however this does not guarantee the store or home office is able to support due to the hundreds of applications they receive.
• If the store or home office wish to work with you and process your application form please ensure you complete all of the application form including financial reports and 3/5 year plans where applicable to support your application. Applications must be approved and signed by the project co-ordinator and the General Store Manager.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Asda Foundation team if additional information is required the Community Champion will be contacted.
• Successful applications will be put to the board of trustee’s who review applications on a monthly basis.
• The trustee’s decision is final.
N/A but some of their recent awards are around £20,000.
Successful applications will be put to the board of trustees who review applications on a monthly basis.