- This event has passed.
Transitioning from Lockdown Online
July 17 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£25
About This Workshop
Under lockdown we have had to stop or drastically adjust many of our routine and daily activities. The unfamiliarity and unpredictability of day to day life has caused an increase in anxiety and stress among population worldwide. As the world is slowly starting to open back, many people are thoughtfully considering safety and security before engaging in the community and daily activities outside the strict lockdown rules.
Many of the people we support, and ourselves, are faced with yet another set of new rules and guidelines to follow and adhere to which in turn increase the feelings of uncertainty creating another wave of ‘post lockdown’ fears, worries and anxieties.
As helping professionals, how might we respond to someone differently if we knew they were in survival brain and not in social brain?
This half day workshop is divided into four parts:
1) Understanding emotions and the psychological impact of lockdown.
2) Deactivating an overwhelmed nervous system: we will look at how we can support service users and their families to feel comfortable, safe and secure so they are able to share and process their emotions. We will learn some CBT anxiety reduction and worry techniques.
3) Behavioural Activation and the importance of reengaging in the community and social activities. We will look at techniques to motivate service users to resume day to day activities under the new guidelines.
4) What cues to listen out for and notice when interacting with our services users that will open up new avenues for us to explore so that we can better support them.
• Processing of Emotions and our basic Human needs
• How to reassure and support our service users
• Learn basic CBT Techniques to assist with Anxieties and Worries.
• Learn Basic CBT Techniques for Behavioural Activation.
• Refresh listening skills and asking questions.
Our online booking system is currently not working, so if you are interested in booking on to this or any of our other training courses, which are all being held via video chat for the time being, please contact our Training Coordinator, Claire Page via email@example.com or 01344 383 524, to enquire about whether their are any spaces.