- This event has passed.
The Role of a Treasurer
January 31 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£35
Aims of the workshop:
- To build an understanding of the role of a treasurer in a small voluntary organisation
- To ensure the ability to deal with the specifics of the finances of a small voluntary organisation
- To leave the workshop confident about the issues that are likely to face the treasurer of a small organisation
- Understand your financial responsibilities as a trustee
- Understand the particular requirements for the accounts of a small voluntary organisation
- Be aware of corpote governance issues facing small voluntary organisations
- Be ready to resolve issues with record keeping and know where to get help if you need it
- Be able to determine if your organisation needs an audit or independent examination of their accounts
If you are new to the role of a treasurer, have done it for a while but would like to be sure you’re doing the right thing, or would like to find out more about being a treasurer, this course is for you. Chairs and other trustees also sometimes chose to attend this workshop.
Post Course Support:
Each delegate will be entitles to up to one hour’s post course email and/or telephone support to follow up issues covered on the course.
About your trainer:
The session is a Holy Brook Associates course and will be delivered by Rachel Eden AMCA, a qualified management accountant. As an experienced course designer. she has been training staff, volunteers and partners since 2007. She is also a treasurer of a small Berkshire Charity.