- This event has passed.
January 30 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£30
This 1-day course is designed to give staff the confidence to deal effectively with the aggressive or challenging behaviour of others. Learners will:
- Gain an understanding of the use of communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, within de-escalation techniques
- Recognise the signs of aggression and triggers for behaviours
- Learn de-escalation strategies and techniques to effectively manage aggression and prevent violence from escalating (prevention and diffusion)
- Recognise the importance of personal safety, self-awareness & professional boundaries
- Understand dynamic risk management
- The importance of de-briefing, recording, reporting and documentation
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.